Saturday, April 20, 2013

Run To Rona

...Or in our case, drive to Rona and walk around with no intention of buying anything for half an hour.

Everyone is always suggesting to everyone else to take a walk. You can't just jump up and take a walk when you have a baby. You have to time things. Will she get hungry on the journey? What's the weather like? You have to get the damn stroller ready and diaper bag ready. It's way more work than what's it worth usually.

I really wanted to go for a family walk today. The problem is that it is too cold and too windy and there are too many puddles. Dragging the stroller down the stairs is annoying. Bundling Tesla up is impossible because she just kicks off her blankets and she would get way too bored having to sit in a reclined position with the weather shield over her, not able to see a thing. Going for a walk just doesn't work right now.

We needed a place to go that was big and cost nothing. The mall was out. It's too crowded and I would buy something. Superstore, Walmart, and any large discount stores were out. I would find something to buy and the aisles are too narrow.

I said to Bob, it needs to be somewhere spacious where I would never buy anything. Rona!

Tesla had just woken up from a nap and eaten. We didn't even pack a diaper bag, we just threw her in the car-seat and drove on over. It was the perfect place to walk around; It's a temperature controlled environment, the aisles are long and wide, there's not a lot of people, tons for Tesla to look at while sitting up in the shopping cart, and there wasn't a single thing I wanted to buy!

We were there for a total of 45 minutes approximately. We started at the garden section on one side and briskly made our way through each and every aisle until we got the other end of the store, pausing only a few times to look at something interesting. It was fun and I would do it again, but it would be more fun to go to a park!

Being active is hard when the weather sucks and there's no room for spontaneity. In 2 to 3 months the weather will be nicer, Tesla will be older, more mobile, and it will be a lost easier. I don't actually know if that's true, but I'm just saying that to make myself feel better. If walking around Rona's garden section pretending I'm outside is what I have to do from now on, so be it. It's better than nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment