Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crawling

Let it be known that on the 25th of April, Tesla crawled 2 steps. It looked very awkward and creepy like Tool's music video for Schism, but none the less she crawled!!! For pretty much the entire month, she's been working on getting into the correct position and getting stronger at holding herself up. Just this past week she's been really trying hard, getting into position and rocking. I just wanted to scream at her, YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!

And of course when I praise her while she's in the act, she turns to look at me, beaming, and falls over. If she started crawling on my actual birthday on Saturday, that would be the best gift ever! Oh, and a thousand dollars would also be the best gift ever lol.

My little baby's almost 8 months old. Her wardrobe needed to be refreshed again, so I picked out the too-small clothes and brought in all her cute new ones. So many clothes, so little time. I wish I had that problem! I don't exactly get dressed anymore...

Yesterday Bob looked at me eating my supper, slouched on the couch and he laughed at me and told me I was really attractive looking. I hadn't showered and I was wearing grey sweat pants with baby spit up on them, and a brown Neil Young shirt. Of all the perks of working at home, I think I abuse the casual dress code most often.

Why should I get dressed up in nice clothes and do my hair and make-up, just so I can get puked on, and have dirty hands touch me with food and paint and slobber, all for less than 30 minutes face time with parents? Nobody really cares what I look like, and I don't really care what I look like. If the daycare was my garden, my sweat pants are my gardening gloves.

I know I could look better. I'm a stay at home mom, not a stay at home slob. At least I gussy myself up when I leave the house with Bob and Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment