Thursday, May 16, 2013

A and F For The Homeless

I'm sure you've all heard about the Abercrombie and Fitch news from last week about how CEO, Mike Jeffries, made some comments a few years ago that his brand is exclusionary and only marketed to the cool kids

Enter Greg Karber. He made a nice little video about the whole thing and then decided to do a little unauthorized re-branding for the company to help out its image. Check it out!



This video is awesome! I don't consider it to be social activism, I just think it's funny! What a hilarious and unique way to put Mike Jeffries in his place. I don't think homeless people are losers, but I'm sure Jeffries does. None of the people on that street looked like they were going to sign any modelling contracts any time soon. They definitely don't look like your average A and F wearers. It just goes to show that anybody can have whatever they like and it doesn't matter what demographic you belong to.

It's so silly because we all know it comes down to money. It doesn't matter how fat and ugly you are, if you've got the money, you can walk in and buy whatever you like. If Jeffries was serious about excluding those who he didn't think fit the A and F image, he would have some sexy looking guards standing by to turn away those people so they couldn't even enter the store.

I've never worn any clothes from Abercrombie and Fitch before. It's not my style. If I ever come across any Abercrombie and Fitch apparel while off on one of my Value Village binges, I'm totally going to be it and donate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment