Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vivid Pregnancy Dreams

I love analyzing my dreams. I love when I wake up and I remember everything so clearly just before it fades away. Lately, I've been having very realistic dreams. All my senses are ignited and it honestly feels so real even when the situation makes no sense. (Like when I dreamed Backstreet Boys were going to be playing a private concert in Woodridge. So mad that wasn't real!)

They're different dreams every time. Last night I was on the back of a taller than average roller-coaster and my car disconnected and fell off the track. An ex-boyfriend was in the car that stayed on the track and the look of fear in his eyes was so real. I screamed, "I love you!" but he never responded. After I thought, maybe my last words should have been, "Tell my family I love them," but he was out of ear shot.

I was so high up in the air, the ground looked like a quilt and it was cool and windy. I was panicked, freaking out, I knew I was going to die, so I just let my body go limp. I completely relaxed it and the fall felt very nice. I had my eyes closed, enjoying the ride, not bracing for contact with the ground at all and then my eyes fluttered open in real life and I was in my bed. I felt so relaxed and comfortable when I woke up. It was incredible. I never wake up feeling good like that.

The falling, the ex-boyfriend, the events leading up to the roller-coaster (which included magically flying up to it)... it's got to mean something. I know flying dreams are supposed to have positive overtones and falling dreams are typically a negative dream to have, but there was no twitching or jerking or fear just before hitting the ground. Plus, I felt more apprehensive flying up to the roller-coaster than I did falling from it. This was a positive dream with a positive meaning, I think. Perhaps a reflection dream?

Apparently it's normal for pregnant ladies to have more vivid dreams. Here's a little quote from WebMD I found interesting:
"There is a greater amount of actual dreaming and dream recall when a woman is pregnant than at any other time during her life," says Patricia Garfield, PhD. "The dreams will relate to her condition of pregnancy, the trimester she is in, and what is going on in her body at the time."
I'm not sure how falling to my death because of a faulty roller-coaster relates to my first trimester. According to the same website, woman usually have fertility dreams during the first trimester; dreams about water, gardens, fruit, flowers, swimming. Sounds nice, but not like anything I've been dreaming about lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment